Loading the content... Loading depends on your connection speed!

Purses for Preeclampsia: A Sale to Benefit the Preeclampsia Foundation

16 Responses to Purses for Preeclampsia: A Sale to Benefit the Preeclampsia Foundation

1. harriet / Reply

December 11, 2013 at 11:43 am

Thank you for talking about pre eclamsia i can truly say that i can relate to all these stories.I lost my daughter on 5 October 2013.she was born on the 3rd of October and was declared dead when she was born but after an hour she just started breathing on her own but after a few days she had a total organ failure i was taken up in high care icu…… I wish that i could do something to make uneducated and young pregnant woman in our local townships aware of pre eclamsia in remembrance of my daughter Nicole Mia white

2. perfumy sklep / Reply

January 28, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Hello there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this website.

3. Pingback: Purses For Preeclampsia to Honor CLB and Benefit the Preeclampsia Foundation « The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia Blog

4. Sharon Hunt / Reply

July 19, 2012 at 7:00 am

I was locked out all day yesterday using this same link as I used today….there unable to order bag….to say I’m bumbed is an understatment……Thank you Sharon

5. AudreyGS / Reply

July 17, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Jordana, I met Elizabeth in Paso Robles last summer, and she shared Conner’s story with me. I got a bit luckier; my daughter Rebecca turned 17 this week. Two days later, she celebrated the anniversary of a life-threatening condition and drastic emergency surgery to save her life. I went on to develop HELLP quite severely, and to this day my kidneys just aren’t what they used to be. I will be refreshing my browser often tomorrow in search of the right purse and in hopes of not being beaten out for it! Tell your sister I remember her and her story well, and thank you for doing this.

6. Pingback: A Mother's Experience with Preeclampsia | Jordana Paige Blog

7. Jennie Kaderabek / Reply

July 14, 2012 at 5:00 pm

What a great way to raise money for a fabulous foundation. I was pre-eclamptic with my first, only, and last pregnancy. Fortunately, my blood pressure was managed after 32 weeks gestation with medication and I delivered at a day short of 35 weeks. After a 15 day feed and grow NICU stay, we took our twins, Chloe & Connor, home. I remained at risk for seizures post c-section and did not see my twins for 27 hours after delivery, except for a quick peek before they headed off to the NICU. I stayed on blood pressure medication for four months, as the pre-eclampsia can remain post-partum. I had no idea! I needed to stay on the medication until I stopped pumping breast milk, so suspect hormones from lactating had something to do with it. Anyway, thank you for raising awareness to an often misunderstood pregnancy related complication.

8. Pingback: Learn more about preeclampsia and spread awareness about it | Jordana Paige Blog

9. Kathleen / Reply

July 10, 2012 at 7:52 pm

I am so sorry about your family’s loss. I had pre-eclampsia. I was blessed with two healthy kids. Boy 12 and girl 10. When I reported feeling off in my second pregnancy, I was told that pre-eclampsia has no symptoms. I hope that doctors recognize that we do feel odd. I knew what I had the second time around. I had been on bed rest for two month with my son. My daughter was delivered at 35 weeks the day I had that funny feeling!

10. Lynn / Reply

July 10, 2012 at 11:58 am

i too suffered with preeclampsia, but i was blessed with a healthy baby girl at 38 weeks. it was such a scary time for me & my family. what a wonderful organization. thank you for offering up your items to benefit them.

11. Su1282 / Reply

July 9, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Thank you for bringing this organization to our attention. My husband was born to a mother in full blown eclampsia. She’d had a terrible headache for days but didn’t want to appear a complainer to her mother-in-law so said nothing. Once she started having seizures, she just couldn’t hide it anymore. My husband weighed about 4 lbs at birth. He wasn’t a healthy kid. And he’s a great dad and husband now, and his mom will arrive tomorrow for a long term visit. There are some happy endings; hoping for more thru this foundation’s work!

12. Laura / Reply

July 9, 2012 at 3:08 pm

I’m so sorry for your family’s loss. I lost my son last year at 22 weeks due to pre-eclampsia and HELLP, and the preeclampsia foundation’s website and forum helped me immensely, knowing that there was nothing I could have done and that I wasn’t alone in going through this terrible condition. Thank you for supporting such a great cause.

13. Katherine / Reply

July 9, 2012 at 2:38 pm

It is lovely that you are doing this fundraiser for a cause that is close to my own heart. The same thing happened to me when I was 31 weeks pregnant; my little boy was stillborn due to rapid onset severe preeclampsia, in July 2010. I had been feeling a bit “off”, had swollen ankles and I had noticed that my baby had stopped moving about a little bit, but being my first pregnancy, I didn’t think anything of it. I had heard of preeclampsia, but expected headaches and flashing lights in my vision, neither of which I had. Like your sister, I waited for my doctor’s appointment and it was picked up then. I was told to rush to hospital, but unfortunately my little boy didn’t survive the 20 min drive. He was 2lb10oz when he was born, and was just perfect.
    There are still no tests that can be done to pinpoint who is likely to develop this condition, and the only drug that is currently recommended to those who have had preeclampsia in a previous pregnancy is low dose aspirin (it is still being decided whether it is beneficial or not). This is what I was prescribed in my second pregnancy – my second son was born last October and is now a bouncing happy 8 month old. The pregnancy was no walk in the park – although I didn’t develop preeclampsia again, I was counting every little movement and noting every little symptom. My son was induced 12 days early as he was found to have slowed in his growth, but was born a healthy 5lb9oz.
    I hope my story helps your sister, or anyone else who has suffered a loss due to this condition.

14. Katie Lynn / Reply

July 9, 2012 at 1:48 pm

What a wonderful charitable foundation to give to! My aunt had her daughter at 25 weeks. She was 1 lb 2 oz. Thankfully she survived (though spent 3 months in NICU and went home on oxygen), and has had few problems due to her early birth. My aunt, however, still suffers from high blood pressure and is no longer able to have children. It’s a surprisingly common disease that few people seem to know much about until it touches their lives. Thanks for bringing it to light, and thanks for offering your bags up for charity.

15. Jordana Paige / Reply

July 9, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Yes, absolutely. It’s only the shipping address that needs to be US.

16. Judith / Reply

July 9, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I notice you are not able to ship internationally. I am in the UK but my mother lives in California. Would you be able to accept payment from the UK (through paypal) but ship to my mother.