Loading the content... Loading depends on your connection speed!

Free Pattern: Bottom of My Heart Baby Bloomers

free knit bloomer patternQuinn recently found her feet and learned the joy of sucking on her toes. Perfect timing for modeling her new heart bloomers.

Every girl needs a pair of heart bloomers! Lucky for baby girls everywhere, I’m sharing this pattern with you for free. It’s a fun, easy knit with a little bit of everything; charted colorwork, working in the round and flat, decreasing and Kitchener stitch. If you’re knitting for a boy, try the pattern solid or with some stripes…and maybe opt for calling it a diaper cover.

The free pattern is available here.

Add it to your queue on Ravelry here. And be sure to add photos on Ravelry when you’re done. Seeing your finished garments is my favorite thing about designing.

diaper cover
free knitting patter
Baby Bloomers

knit bloomers
knit heart bloomers

Receive our free patterns, tips, trends and articles in your inbox every week!
Plus, get notified about new products and access to exclusive sales.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

11 Responses to Free Pattern: Bottom of My Heart Baby Bloomers

1. Rose clark /

July 27, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Love the project how about a boy version.

2. Terri Weidman /

July 28, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Jordana,
    The timing for this couldn’t have been more perfect. I love to make baby dresses for gifts. I usually use sport weight yarn. I wanted a diper cover/paties to go with the dress I just finished, but all i could find was worsted weight patterns. After much searching, I found your pattern and tweaked it a bit to go with the dress. Thank you so much.

The 3 mo size just happen to be what I was making. What luck! I would love to see this pattern in a couple larger sizes like 6 mo, 9 mo and 12 mo. Although I think the hearts are darling, the plain pattern without the hearts would be fine. I saw at the bottom of this pattern that it said version 1, and so you may all ready be working on that…

Again thanks so much. Will post the picture on Ravelry.

3. Julypouce tricote /

August 2, 2013 at 11:21 am

So lovely. I will try to make it in boy version !

4. ronnie g. /

August 10, 2013 at 3:58 pm

At point where pattern says”work in St st working in heart pattern for 14 rounds” (126). What does “no stitch” mean in the diagram? Am trying to make it without the hearts and am having trouble!

5. Jordana Paige /

August 11, 2013 at 1:50 pm

No stitch is a place holder for a stitch that doesn’t exist on that row.

Row 1 of the Heart Pattern repeat would be:
    K1 in green, k2 in white, k3 in green, k2 in white, k5 in green.

On row 11, you make a stitch in the repeat and then the stitch exists after that.

6. Edna Day /

February 15, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Completely lost as I’m trying to make this without the hearts.
    After the row that ends with (117 stitches) it says…
    Knit 2 rdns.

The it says working in st.st. Work heart pattern for 14 rdns. (126 sts)

If I literally knit 2 rounds as it says above I end up with the an incorrect pattern as I have two knit rows. If I knit two rounds of the row before I end up with about 151 stitches?

I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

7. Samantha Holderman /

April 6, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your pattern, its so cute! I just got past the first row of hearts, and while the rs looks great, the ws looks like a mess. I’m worried it will be a hazard for little toes. What technique did you use to change colors, or do you have any suggestions for making it look neater?

Thanks again, Sam

8. Jordana Paige /

April 6, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I carried the yarn across the back just in the heart section. I wrapped the yarn every 3 stitches or so.

9. Kelly /

April 6, 2014 at 7:49 pm

I’m at the part where I’m separated and knitting the front. Did I do something wrong because I have an uneven # of stitches outside my markers. So I ran out of stitches to decrease on one side, and still have quite a few on the other, but not down to a total of 35 stitches yet. Is this supposed to happen o should I re-attempt? This is such a cute pattern :D Can’t wait to see the baby wearing it!

10. Jordana Paige /

April 8, 2014 at 1:09 pm

It doesn’t sound right. I’d try it again. You should be decreasing at the same rate on the right and left sides.

11. Kelly /

April 8, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Thanks. I kinda had a feeling that was the case :/ “Silly me!” as my girls say when they mess up.