Loading the content... Loading depends on your connection speed!

Free Pattern: Bottom of My Heart Baby Bloomers

23 Responses to Free Pattern: Bottom of My Heart Baby Bloomers

1. Italia / Reply

February 25, 2015 at 4:55 am

Hi Jordana,
    I’m in the part where you finished the front and put 35 stitches on a stitch holder and about to pick up the 61 stitches to do the back but I’m a bit confused when you say join yarn A. Do you cut the yarn once you place the 35 stitches on the stitch holder so you can start the front? and if not, when I join the yarn that is coming from the back to start knitting the 61 stitches at the front, isn’t going to look odd since the back will be attached the part where I join the yarn? I’m so confused. Please help. This is such a beautiful pattern.

2. Knittingarkie / Reply

February 7, 2015 at 2:05 pm

I get 117 sts. I get knit 2 rows. I don’t understand 126 sts. Can you help? Thanks

• Jordana / Reply

February 8, 2015 at 1:09 pm

There is a make 1 on row 11 of the chart.

3. Knittingarki / Reply

February 6, 2015 at 8:15 pm

I am confused 117 sts. How do you get to 126sts?

4. Judy Schwartz / Reply

February 3, 2015 at 7:58 am

I love this pattern. Could I use fingering weight yarn?
    If so how do I convert the pattern.
    I also requested your lovely pattern to be Emailed to me.
    Thank you!

5. Pingback: Valentine’s Day Free Knitting Patterns | In the Loop Knitting

6. Katherine / Reply

January 21, 2015 at 3:42 pm

My mother is keen to knit soakers for (as yet unborn) baby but we are in Australia and she does not understand American knitting patterns. I’m not a knitter myself, so I don’t really know the differences… but are you able to provide a translation for your beautiful design?

7. Judith / Reply

January 16, 2015 at 6:04 am

I would really like to get this pattern!! Would suit my granddaughter to a T. I have joined the mailing group and also tried re-sending my address but I do not get the link for the pattern. Is there anyway to get this lovely pattern?? Thanks

8. Marny CA / Reply

June 20, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Is there a way to copy/paste the directions to put into Word?

I like doing that to patterns in order to avoid all the color ink and to make everything smaller. I always include the designer’s name and URL.

9. Marny CA / Reply

June 20, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I’d love to try this (on my To-Do List) but make the hearts in 2 directions so whether on tummy or back the hearts will be right-side up at least every other.

10. Kelly / Reply

April 8, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Thanks. I kinda had a feeling that was the case :/ “Silly me!” as my girls say when they mess up.

11. Kelly / Reply

April 6, 2014 at 7:49 pm

I’m at the part where I’m separated and knitting the front. Did I do something wrong because I have an uneven # of stitches outside my markers. So I ran out of stitches to decrease on one side, and still have quite a few on the other, but not down to a total of 35 stitches yet. Is this supposed to happen o should I re-attempt? This is such a cute pattern :D Can’t wait to see the baby wearing it!

• Jordana Paige / Reply

April 8, 2014 at 1:09 pm

It doesn’t sound right. I’d try it again. You should be decreasing at the same rate on the right and left sides.

• Jennifer / Reply

February 7, 2015 at 6:52 am

I had the same thing happen one side has five stitches and the other side has ten stitches … and its the second time it has happened to me … I am so confused Help please

12. Samantha Holderman / Reply

April 6, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your pattern, its so cute! I just got past the first row of hearts, and while the rs looks great, the ws looks like a mess. I’m worried it will be a hazard for little toes. What technique did you use to change colors, or do you have any suggestions for making it look neater?

Thanks again, Sam

• Jordana Paige / Reply

April 6, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I carried the yarn across the back just in the heart section. I wrapped the yarn every 3 stitches or so.

13. Edna Day / Reply

February 15, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Completely lost as I’m trying to make this without the hearts.
    After the row that ends with (117 stitches) it says…
    Knit 2 rdns.

The it says working in st.st. Work heart pattern for 14 rdns. (126 sts)

If I literally knit 2 rounds as it says above I end up with the an incorrect pattern as I have two knit rows. If I knit two rounds of the row before I end up with about 151 stitches?

I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

14. ronnie g. / Reply

August 10, 2013 at 3:58 pm

At point where pattern says”work in St st working in heart pattern for 14 rounds” (126). What does “no stitch” mean in the diagram? Am trying to make it without the hearts and am having trouble!

• Jordana Paige / Reply

August 11, 2013 at 1:50 pm

No stitch is a place holder for a stitch that doesn’t exist on that row.

Row 1 of the Heart Pattern repeat would be:
      K1 in green, k2 in white, k3 in green, k2 in white, k5 in green.

On row 11, you make a stitch in the repeat and then the stitch exists after that.

• Knittingarki / Reply

February 7, 2015 at 2:03 pm

I also need help with the instructions. 117 sts I get. Knit 2 rows ai get. Where do you get 126 sts? Need help and am in a hurry. Thanks

15. Julypouce tricote / Reply

August 2, 2013 at 11:21 am

So lovely. I will try to make it in boy version !

16. Terri Weidman / Reply

July 28, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Jordana,
    The timing for this couldn’t have been more perfect. I love to make baby dresses for gifts. I usually use sport weight yarn. I wanted a diper cover/paties to go with the dress I just finished, but all i could find was worsted weight patterns. After much searching, I found your pattern and tweaked it a bit to go with the dress. Thank you so much.

The 3 mo size just happen to be what I was making. What luck! I would love to see this pattern in a couple larger sizes like 6 mo, 9 mo and 12 mo. Although I think the hearts are darling, the plain pattern without the hearts would be fine. I saw at the bottom of this pattern that it said version 1, and so you may all ready be working on that…

Again thanks so much. Will post the picture on Ravelry.

17. Rose clark / Reply

July 27, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Love the project how about a boy version.