I am so excited to share this project with you. It’s simple, takes less than an hour to make and has a clean, polished look. I’m going to be gifting these every chance I get–birthdays, tied around a bottle of wine for a hostess gift and atop wedding presents.
• Pineapple and card pattern (laminate card)
• Two 4 x 6.5″ pieces of leather, 1.3-1.9mm thickness (Etsy has a great selection of leather scraps)
• 15″ of leather cord
• Sewing machine with leather needle
• Hole punch
• Leather paint (I used Angelus Leather Paint in Antique Gold)
• Darning needle
1. Print card, cut, fill in contact information and laminate. Cut laminating to about 1/8 inch from card edge.
2. Trace two pineapples onto wrong side of leather. Cut along tracing.
3. Place pineapples wrong sides together. Do not pin. Pins will leave holes in the leather.
4. Stitch pineapples together from A to B and C to D. Stitch as close to edge as possible. For most of the stitching (especially the leaves), I walked the needle rather than using the machine’s pedal. Take your time and go slow for best results.
5. Paint monogram.
6. Punch a hole in the laminated card.
7. Fold the leather cord in half, thread it through the punched hole and pull both ends of the leather cord through the loop. Pull tight.
8. Thread both ends of the leather cord through darning needle. Insert the needle from the bottom of the pineapple through the top of the pineapple.
9. Tie onto luggage and hit the road. Happy travels!
Receive our free projects, tips, trends and articles in your inbox every week!
Plus, get notified about new products and access to exclusive sales.